Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thanksgiving Already?

I'm not sure how the time passed so darned quickly, but here we are a week out from Thanksgiving and I'm just now getting these recipes to you.  I'm sorry for the delay!

As I told you in the email, these are our menu items this year:

First Course:
Cream of Mushroom Soup
Rolls (we use Scharr brand for the gf people and the rest are made in a separate kitchen, frozen before the final rise and pulled out to use that day)

Salad Course:
Wilted Spinach Salad with pears, bleu cheese and red onions
(this changes from year to year)

Main Course:
Turkey
Mashed potatoes (we make both regular and dairy free)
Cornbread Stuffing
Carmelized onion sweet potatoes
Cranberry Sauce
Gravy
Green bean casserole (French's Onions are not gf, so I'll give you a few substitues)

Dessert:
gf/df pumpkin and apple pie
My friend is also planning to do a chocolate pie with a hazelnut crust.  I'm not sure what her recipe is, but I'm going to give you a super-simple recipe, since you all can have dairy.

So---
Let's go!

-Jennifer


No comments:

Post a Comment